Thursday, November 13, 2014

Mr. Independent

This guy insisted on feeding himself his beans for dinner last night. While he is not quite as independent at Amelia yet, Lincoln is on his way! I am so grateful he stills needs and wants his Momma lots, but I am also so grateful to be able to watch him grow so independent as well. Some of the things he insists on doing himself these days are feeding himself, brushing his teeth and putting the toothbrush away in the sink, throwing his own diapers away, putting his shoes and socks away in the drawer, and he is even trying to do his own hair. It is hard to let go of control and let him grow up and do these things on his own, but I love to watch how proud he is of himself after he has done it! I just hope he still thinks he needs me for a little bit longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment